Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orientation



For some reason my last blog will not let me back, so I created this (similar) blog instead! Today is day 2 of my orientation, I'm here with 19 other American students, assimilating to the culture, talking about classes, safety issues, etc. Some highlights:
  • I arrived early and alone on Sunday morning, and I slept most of the day. I went to dinner by myself and pointed to something on the menu (it turns out it was tuna salad)
  • It also snowed my first night here! A rare occurrence in Alcalá
  • We are staying at the Hotel Campanile, and eating lots of good food. Tonight I felt like being adventurous and ordered calamari, but it was gross. Most of the other things I've eaten I don't know the names of.


  • Tomorrow I move into the "residencias" which are considered dorms but are more like apartments. I will be living with 5 other Spaniards, maybe girls, maybe co-ed, and sharing a room with one of them. My Spanish isn't terrible so far but tomorrow will be the real test.
  • I plan on updating this every Monday
  • OH! and "vale" means "ok"- a valuable discovery

2 comments:

  1. OMGz.

    Jealous. It's so weird reading this.


    Nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura!

    Feliz ano, prima! Carolina y yo estamos esquiando en italia en marzo por una semana y entonces volando a Madrid por tres dias. Te dare nuestra informacion pronto! Estaro en Madrid en 3/25-27? Espero que si.

    Nos vemos pronto.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete